New Teacher Chat (#ntchat) is born!
New Teacher Chat Celebrated a 6th year Anniversary on May 4th, 2016!
The chat was created to provide weekly mentoring and focus on the needs of new, new to the profession and pre-service teachers world-wide. The chat is supportive and practitioner focused.
I’m hopeful that new teachers will choose to collaborate during #ntchat by sharing ideas and resources with others as well as concerns they may have as they prepare to enter the profession or are in their first years.
Experienced, tenured teachers are encouraged to take part in the chat to support and mentor this eager and excited group.
- The chat is on Twitter on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays, from 5pm-6pm PST/8pm-9pm ET.
- Use World Time Buddy to join us in your time zone!
- Use the #ntchat hashtag to join the conversation and post your thoughts throughout the week on Twitter.
- Join our Remind Class–see below.
- Like us on Facebook !
- Follow us on Pinterest! (Link is in the side bar.)
- Connect with us on the New Teacher Chat #ntchat Google Plus Community
- Help me spread the word and share these links with your friends!
Excited to Announce!
New Teacher Chat has its own BAM Radio Show! Here’s where you can find the info. You can also subscribe to our show on iTunes here. Take a listen and help me spread the news that new and pre-service teachers have a podcast just for them.
The #ntchat history and schedule
Our 1st #ntchat officially launched on Wed May 5th 2010. It was met with great excitement!
Our #ntchat schedule is: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays, at 5pm PDT (8PM EDT, 1:00AM Thursday in Europe, 7:00AM Thursday in Sydney ). Check out World Time Buddy to join us in your time zone! You can read more about it here.
New Teacher Chat #ntchat on Remind
We have over 80 teachers signed up to our Remind class with new participants joining everyday. Join us!
Follow the info on the image. You can also sign up via web here, or text @ntchat to 81010. I’d love to have you be a part of our class on Remind as you have the opportunity to receive updates and resources and chat me there as well during “office hours”!
Join #ntchat on Twitter!
Be Guest Moderator! New Teacher Chat #ntchat is always looking for folks who would like to Guest Moderate the chat. Email email@example.com if you have an interest. In the past Dean Mantz @dmantz7, Misty Norman-Higgins @mistynorman12 and Laura Gilchrist @LauraGilchrist 4 have joined the chat as Co-Mods.
Help us make #ntchat a growing presence on Twitter by sharing information about our purpose with your colleagues.
Spread the word via your school settings and places of higher education as well.
- You need to create a Twitter account and begin to practice and participate on Twitter.
- Use TweetGrid or TweetChat (online), Tweetdeck (download & install), or ParticipateLearning to follow the chat.
- Join us on Twitter at the specific time, and be sure to keep an eye on the #ntchat search column.
- Interact by including the hashtag #ntchat in your tweets.
Join me as I seek to support you, the new aspiring teacher, in your journey!